Saturday 17 April 2010

Machine knitted tuck blanket with crochet edge


Tuck crochet blanket

Made on a brother 950i

I made this one up. I cast on 190 and knit some rows on waste yarn. I then did an e-wrap cast on and knit in tuck stitch using the stitch world pattern book tuck pattern 276 for 666 rows. I then took it off the machine on waste yarn and single crocheted to cast of. I then removed the waste yarn and continued to single crochet all around the blanket.

I then joined with a slipstitch into the top of the first single crochet. Then do one chain and into the sc space do one dc evenly spaced around the blanket finishing with a slipstitch in the top of the first dc. The next 5 rows are 4 dc one chain space and 4 dc in the next space
followed by a chain skip the next space and do one dc in the second space. Repeat all around for the next five rows end with a slipstitch in the top of the rows first stitch.

You can embellish however you like. I ran a ribbon in between the space on the dc row and made a bow at the end. I then sewed this into place with a rosette on the ribbon. On the opposite corner I added three crochet flowers and sewed them into place.

I am not very good at writing patterns so please forgive me if it is not terribly accurate.

Good luck

4 comments:

  1. Looks great to me. I'm not very experienced with crocheting and I was able to understand the instructions. You do beautiful work!

    Terry in AK
    mrsnewstrt45@yahoo.com
    newterrynow@gmail.com
    journeywoman@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blanket is just gorgeous. Thank you so much for sharing. I only have aKH860 no ribber that I have actually never even used, but this is inspiring enough for me to do something with that machine, even tho I proabably can't do this on it. Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, this is beautiful. Going to start today as my granddaughter is due on 21 December. Bless you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of our machine knitters brought the blanket to a recent machine knitting meeting. Everyone fell in love with the pattern. Thank you for sharing.
    Your work is beautiful . . M Holm (Florida)

    ReplyDelete